We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information Collection.We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
Registration and Ordering.Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
Email Addresses.Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for promotions; to request us to notify you when regarding particular offers or products, or to sign up for our e-mail newsletter and special offers, including contests, which we may run from time to time. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners.
Cookies and Other Technology.Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or "action tags") to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- As an example, Facebook® collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook® via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any client's personal information collected by us.
Log Files.As is true of most web sites, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
Age.We respect children's privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with Client Services. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for promotions; request we notify you regarding particular offers or products, or sign up for our email newsletter and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver this information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt-out section for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders or your membership.
External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection—we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide Client Services to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
Shrubhub uses industry-standard procedures and safeguards designed to protect the privacy of all personal information. All Shrubhub employees with access to personal information are required to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. Our vendors and their employees who may need access to member information, such as Client Services and fulfillment vendors, are held to strict confidentiality requirements. At times we may retain third parties to analyze data we collect on our website, and to administer the services provided (such as shipping, web hosting, etc. as described above), solely to help us provide and improve our products, services and websites. These suppliers and other third parties are not authorized by us to use your personal information in any other way. We may have to use personal information to investigate complaints and protect Shrubhub and its members, in compliance with the law, your Membership Agreement and Shrubhub policies.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
On your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending certain non-membership or order-related emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to our Client Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
WHAT IF YOU'RE NOT A SHRUBHUB MEMBER, BUT YOU'VE HEARD FROM SHRUBHUB?
You may have received an offer from us. If you were a prior member, we may have invited you back. We may also have received your information from one of our partners or from the mailing, opt-in emailing, or phone lists of a reputable company. Unless we are using an opt-in only list in our marketing efforts, Shrubhub will screen our lists with the Direct Marketing Association preference lists before we send such offers.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Right to Access: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request, up to two times each year, access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
Right to Delete: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collect from you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
Process to Make a CCPA Request: To make an access or deletion request, please visit ccpa.shrubhub.com. Before completing your request, we may need to verify your identity or the identity of your authorized representative. We will send you a link to verify your email address and may request additional documentation or information solely for the purpose of verifying your identity. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Choose to control targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Choose to limit participation in ____________________________.
Shine the Light Act: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by ShrubHub to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We take great pride in the relationship of trust we have built with our guests over many years and we are dedicated to treating your personal information with care and respect. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), ShrubHub does not share guests’ personal information with third parties’ for their direct marketing use unless a guest elects that we do so.
To make such a request, please go to “DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION” section.
Removal of Content: If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted.
To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- We collected the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: Identifiers/Contact Information, demographic information (like gender and age), payment card information associated with you, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- The sources of personal information that we collected are: our guests, directly, third party sites or platforms that you link with your registration account, analytics tools, social networks, advertising networks, and trusted sources who update or supplement information we hold about you.
- As the term is defined by the CCPA, we “sold” the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. We “sold” each category to advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks.
- The business or commercial purposes of “selling” personal information is for third party companies to perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising.
- We do not “sell” personal information of known minors under 16 years of age.
2885 Rounsevel Terrace
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
You can also contact ShrubHub by calling 877-647-3277
COPPA requires us to inform parents about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information from Children. For more information about COPPA and general tips about protecting Children’s online privacy, please visit Protecting Your Child’s Privacy Online.
What kind of Personal Information is covered by COPPA?
Under COPPA, “Personal Information” is defined as individually identifiable information, and includes: full name (first and last); a home or other physical address including street name and city or town; online contact information such as an email address or screen name; a phone number; a Social Security number; a photograph, video or audio file containing a Child’s image or voice; a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a Child over time and across different websites or online services; geolocation information sufficient to identify street name and name of city or town; or information collected that is combined with the individually identifiable information listed above.
Does ShrubHub collect Personal Information from Children?
No, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined under COPPA) from Children. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to create, access, or use an ShrubHub account.
What information does ShrubHub collect?
In order to create an ShrubHub account, we request guests to provide the following information: _____________________________ and, in some cases, a password. Our request for such information is solely for the purpose of validating the identity of our guests. We do not request, access, or retrieve any additional information. All information, including identification numbers, is protected from unauthorized disclosure. ShrubHub may also collect information about a guest’s online activity, IP address, device type, unique device data such as device ID, and operating system.
How does ShrubHub collect information?
How does ShrubHub use information?
ShrubHub collects information from a guest in order to:
- Support the internal operations of our services, including but not limited to support for: activities necessary to maintain or analyze our services, network communications, user authentication of users or personalization of content, activities necessary to perform authorized school or educational purposes, and security of users;
- Determine the guest’s current geographic location and/or language so that we may provide localized content and services;
- Comply with the requirements of our retail partners;
- Integrate with additional service providers for use of our services;
- Personalize our services to better reflect particular interests and preferences; and
- Generally improve the user experience.
What if a guest shares information with others while using our services?
How can parents control their Child’s information?
Parents may email privacy@ShrubHub.com to inquire if their Child has submitted Personal Information to ShrubHub and to request the review, correction, and/or removal of any such Personal Information from our system.
In the event of a change of control (i.e. sale of sale or merger of ShrubHub, Inc.) the successor entity will be subject to these same privacy commitments.
2885 Rounsevel Terrace
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
You can also contact ShrubHub by calling 877-647-3277.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you may make your Do Not Sell My Personal Information (“DNS”) request(s) below. Before you submit your DNS request, please read the following information for additional context.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) considers the sharing of some of this data, particularly when used for the third-party’s commercial advertising purposes, to be a “SALE” of personal data even if no money is exchanged. If you want us to stop “selling” your data, go to the “MANAGE CONSENT PREFERENCES” section below and toggle the “Sell My Personal Information” button below to the left so that this button is turned “OFF” or call 877-647-3277. You can also click on “Cookies Details” to make specific choices about the data “sold” on the site by controlling which cookies load on your visit.
Manage Consent Preferences
Sell My Personal Information [PLACE ON/OFF TOGGLE HERE]
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies (Are Always Active):These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.